Slab Gate Valves also named “Through Conduit Gate Valve” are manufactured and tested in accordance with the API-6D standard. This type of valve is very useful in transportation pipe lines for gas, crude oil and oil products. The Slab Gate Valve is through conduit and peggable. Slab Gate Valve has been designed to minimize pressure drop and catch foreign materials such as slurries into the disc cavity to keep clean the sealing surface areas.
• Design according to the API-6D standard.
• Full and continuous bore for the passage of cleaning tools.
• Top Entry design for maintenance on the line.
• Double block and purge.
• Uni-directional or bidirectional seats.
• Emergency seal in seats through sealant injection greasers.
• The operation mode varies accordingly since they can be operated by: Handwheel, chain operators, gear operators or electric, pneumatic or hydraulic actuators.
• Option available in soft and metal-to-metal seal coated in Tungsten Carbide, Chrome Carbide and Stellite-6.
• Flanged or fully weldable ends.
• Flanges conforming to the ASME/ANSI B16.5 standard from 2” to 24”.
• Flanges conforming to the ASME/ANSI B16.47 series A or B standard for 26” and larger valves.
• Fireproof according to the API-6FA standard.
• Pressure tests according to API 6D.
The Slab Gate Valve is the work-horse of pipeline gate valves. When reliability, ease of maintenance, and cost are the primary factors, our slab gate valve is the optimal choice. The simplest of all piggable pipeline valves, this design has the fewest moving parts. The large seat to seal area tolerates minor scratches better than ball valves, and unlike a trunnion ball valve the long life cycle of a slab gate can be further extended thanks to its ease of repair. The valve is most often used as a pipeline block valve for applications requiring a full bore and API-6D Double Block & Bleed sealing.